- It’s Dress up day and you need to look like a teacher or movie star? Dressing up for spirit week can be easy and affordable if you shop thrift stores, garage sales or clearance sales.
- Want to decorate your car or classroom windows? Try making your own window chalk! Window Chalk Recipe
- Pick out just a few inexpensive items to purchase, like Spirit Beads ($2.49 for a package of 12) or Eye Black Smears (.95¢ per pair)
- Low cost spirit items for the game are essential. Make noise with Victory Bells ($2.49) and you can’t go to the game without a Foam Hand ($2.69)
- Make your own posters. Poster markers and paper rolls are inexpensive and can last till your next event, saving money on both!
- Make your own face paint! Let’s face it….painting your face is the thing to do when declaring your school spirit! Use this easy recipe to make your own! Face Paint Recipe
- Consider simple fundraisers that will boost spirit among fans and earn some money for your school’s homecoming budget. For example: Sell shakers in your school colors. Purchase 100 for .95¢ each = $95.00, sell them for $3.00 each and profit $205.00.
- Take advantage of special offers. Right now you can get a FREE Spirit Week Kit ($147.90 value) when you purchase a complete theme. Now that’s a way to make your dollars count!
Whatever method you choose, celebrating Spirit Week is without question, one of the highlights of your high school days. Don’t let a small budget ruin your fun!
What ideas do you have for pinching pennies during Spirit Week?